Final Presentation : Gays and Lesbians

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Initial Thoughts on Gay and Lesbian

The reason why I chose this topic was because it was the topic that I knew the least information about and would like to learn more about. It's a topic that I feel like is generally ignored or not discussed enough about. Although I don't have any experiences related to this topic, I know that there is a significant part of the population that is either gay or lesbian. And why should their rights be restricted? The question that stands out in my mind is "Why can't two gay people get married legally in every state?" If they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together, they should have the right to get married and not be discriminated against just because they are of the same gender. I want to understand the reason(s) of what's preventing them from having that right.

No comments:

Post a Comment